Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Sharpe Movies-a Quick note

Eddie has kindly pointed out something that I neglected to mention. Most of the Sharpe books have been made into films starring Sean Bean in the title role. My older brother gave me the entire set on DVD one birthday. All of the DVDs were organized in this wooden crate with the name "Sharpe's" wood-burned on the front. The set also included a map of Europe at the time of the Peninsular Wars. A really cool gift. Here is what it looked like:


Pretty cool, huh?

1 comment:

eddie said...

That is a very cool box-set. I think the movies from this set were released over a period of about 4 years starting in the early 90's. As I mentioned, they're filming another one this year (Sharpe's Peril), and they also released one about a year ago, Sharpe's Challenge - maybe there will be another box-set in the works!