Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Current Playlist-what does this say about me?

Hello all:

While sitting here studying for the bar, I have compiled various playlists to listen to while studying for each subject. Today's playlist is for Illinois and Federal Civil Procedure:

1. I Think I'm Paranoid; Garbage (I am in love with Shirley Manson)
2. Hysteria; Def Leppard (Classic British hair rock from the 80s; gotta have one monster ballad!
3. Knockin' on Heaven's Door; Bob Dylan (great version of a classic tune)
4. Something; the Beatles (one of their best songs)
5. Kickstart My Heart; Motley Crue (my favorite song by the Crue)
6. You Know My Name; Chris Cornell (a great tune that was the theme for the last Bond film)
7. More than a Feeling; Boston (Guitar Hero reintroduced me to this classic Boston tune)
8. Like a Stone; Audioslave (really smooth song of unrequited love)
9. Hey Jude; The Beatles (nothing really neeeds to be said, now does it?)
10. The Heart of the Matter; Don Henley (Up there with The Boys of Summer; where has he gone?
11. Boulevard of Broken Dreams; Green Day (great tune from a modern classic album)
12. Animal; Def Leppard (cheesy tune, but great riffs orchestrated by Mutt Lange)
13. Photograph; Def Leppard (their first #1; more great riffs)
14. A Day in the Life; The Beatles (I love the schizophrenic nature of this song)
15. She Sells Sanctuary; The Cult (a great tune from their "Love" album)
16. Rebel Yell; Billy Idol (great treadmill song or song to play when I am getting tired)

What do you think?

4 comments:

eddie said...

Um. It screams a big lack of The Genius, and all things Genius related. I would also criticize the lack of Coldplay, although I noticed through your Gchat that you did in fact listen to some. And if we're looking for some real nostalgia, then a smattering of Big Country would have completed the evening.

Very pleased to see The Beatles getting some good airplay though.

The Artful Blogger said...

The Genius has his own playlist now that is shared with no one. That list is reserved for criminal law, criminal procedure and evidence (when I really need it). I still need to purchase the new Coldplay, and Radiohead figures strongly in my Contracts and Constitutional Law Review.

Big Country, eh? Hmmmm....

Missy said...

Oooh, I've been doing the same thing! A good list, though a bit Leppard-heavy. Admittedly, though, I have had "Vault" as a repeater during studying.

My favorite Garbage song - "Special". You gotta listen to it loud with some good headphones. Pure genius.

animal crackers said...

Our music taste is very disparate, but I need to tell you that I'm wearing a Def Leppard shirt at this very moment. (Laundry is not a priority right now, OK?) I saw them at the Michigan State Fair, and I don't know if you can have a trashier experience. I totally recommend it.