Wednesday, December 07, 2005

1 down...3 to go

Hi All:

The exams have begun! I had my first law school exam yesterday. Civil Procedure was pretty tough, but it was a fair exam. I struggled with some of the multiple choice questions, but I felt reasonably confident about my essay answer. Of course, those of you who know me probably predicted that, as soon as I walked out of the room, I would start worrying about Torts. This is exactly what happened. I had to force myself to unwind from the exam and take some brain time. I watched the last episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm and took a nap. As soon as I woke up, it was back to the grind. I covered a lot of ground last night (making note cards) and went over the entire course. My buddy Justin came over to the house today and we repeated our study strategy from Civ Pro..a full review of the course. 10 hours later, we were pretty much wiped. We had only taken a 1/2 hour break all day, and we were feeling it. I think that talking out the problems in the courses is a great way to study. I know that I will still feel a little panicky tomorrow as I realize that there is only one day until my exam, but I am prepared for that. I plan on taking it easy on Friday night since my next exam is not until Tuesday. The days are going by in a blur. I keep forgetting that this is Wednesday!

Well, I am going to sleep now. I hope that everyone is keeping warm. Here in Chicago, it is a blistery 10 degrees F!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey how you doing. Alright first please forgive me but I know almost nothing about blogs, secondly law. That is what has lead me to your site. It is reagrds to a Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 12 (b)(1) on a claim I recently filed. Two things how to proceed to resubmit same claim in state court, secondly is it possible to update the claim so that the confusion that was expressed by the Judge can be addressed. By now I am sure you have guessed I am not a law student, or got the impression I was a real poor one at best. Well I am neither, actually I am a senior obtaining a BFA at Kendall School of Art and Design in Grand Rapids. So how do I proceed?