Sunday, January 08, 2006

Vacation time...

Well, the spring semester is just about ready to start. I have had a great respite from the rigors of law school, and I feel refreshed enough to venture once more into the abyss of reading and classwork. I only hope that I will have a better handle on how to prepare for my classes. Last semester, the learning process was exceedingly steep, as I had to get re-acclimated to school after a 10 year absence. I also had to learn how to prepare for law school classes. My classes for the spring semester include second semesters of Contracts and Constitutional Process and 2 new classes: Criminal Law and Property.

The rest of my exams went off without a hitch. I have no idea how I did, but I was fairly comfortable with the answers I provided. There were some things that I could have added if I had more time, but overall I feel pretty good. The Monday after exams, I flew to Virginia to visit my parents for a week. I had not been to Virginia in 5 months and I had not left Chicago in 4 months. I had a pretty relaxing time at home. I was nice talking to Mom and Dad for an extended period of time. My return trip too Chicago was smooth, and as we were touching down in Chicago, I had an overwhelming sense of relief that I was home. This was a strange sensation for me because somewhere along the way, without me realizing it, Chicago had become home. I love Chicago and the surrounding areas. I spent my second week in Chicago just taking care of some business around the apartment. I spent most of the time straightening out the mess that was my room (remnants of the mad days leading up to exams) and bringing out a wardrobe that did NOT consist of my study sweats. It was a very restful week. During my third week, I spent a few days with my friends Aaron and Julie in Cleveland. They had just moved into their new place, and it was a lot of fun hanging out with them during the week. The last couple of days have been spent sitting on my sofa watching the NFL playoffs, cooking, and working out. Yes, I finally have the chance to cook again! My project last week was to perfect Thai red curry, and I hit upon a recipe that really seemed to work well. This week, I will be taking care of loose ends before school starts on Monday the 16th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.