Thursday, September 25, 2008

Little Drummer Nerd

A brief interlude in my "let's catch up on the boring life of the Artful Blogger":

IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday, Eddie was kind enough to go to my management office and pick up the ULTIMATE in wasteful purchases. Amazon rocks for such purchases. We went to a local Irish Pub (where we scored Guinness openers and where Eddie scored a T-Shirt) to dine on some very good food. After hanging out with Eddie, I went home and set about putting together my most nerdy of purchases:



Yes, what are are looking at is the Ion Drum Kit manufactured EXCLUSIVELY for use with Rock Band and Rock Band 2 for the X-Box. This drum kit is around twice the price of the normal kit, but it sports a metal bass pedal, metal structure, and professional-grade drum heads. The coolest thing of all is that, should I one day be able to master Keith Moon's masterful drum work in "Won't Get Fooled Again" and fancy myself a real drummer, I can swap out the Xbox "brain" and install a "brain" for the set that would enable me to use them as a REAL SET OF DRUMS!!!!!

(Pantpantpant.....)

OK, so I am a little excited, and i have not even had the opportunity to try them out, as assembly took an abnormally long time. Tonight, on the other hand, I plan on breaking them in.

Oh...and I also purchased a professional drum "throne"(you know, those three legged metal stools that drummers use?). Yeah, I bought one to play my video game drum set up. I am THAT COOL (or not).

We now will return you to your regularly scheduled program.

No comments: