Wednesday, September 07, 2005

......(grumble)......

The day after Labor Day always comes with the dawning of one truth: fall is here. The kids are heading back to school, the mass transit systems are busy, and people seem to have these sad, glum looks on their faces. In spite of this, I look forward to the fall and winter. True, winter in Chicago tests one’s patience, but with football season, snow, and Christmas, there are too many things to look forward to.
I got up a little later than usual and made my way to school. Torts was pretty interesting. The concepts that we are currently covering include liability in the face of local custom and in the face of statutes that were not enacted to protect against liability. I actually packed my lunch today, but tomorrow there will be lunch provided by DePaul (yeah!). I spent most of the lunch break preparing for my Contracts class and doing my reading for tomorrow’s Civil Procedure class. I came home early to get the rest of the reading done. It felt good to have some down time at home. I even found the time to make banana bread. It was my first time making banana bread, but it came out pretty well. I was able to finish my Civil Procedure homework in plenty of time.
Tomorrow will be a long day (ending at 9 PM), but I promise to post a longer entry.

No comments: