Friday, September 09, 2005

A heck of a Wednesday (but Thursday was OK)

I know, I know…I promised to write a long entry in my blog last night. I am sorry. Yesterday was a bit of a hard day. It started off promising enough. I woke up at 5 am and trudged to the gym. I had a great cardio workout (thank-you, iPod) and was showered and ready to go downtown in plenty of time. Constitutional Process was first and was very interesting. I raised my hand again near the end of class and did all right in describing the case in question. Afterwards, I went to the library to work on Civil Procedure. There was a welcome luncheon for the IPLW program (the Intellectual Property program at DePaul), so I went to that. Over a lunch of great sandwiches and company, all of the participants learned about what the program has to offer us. My head is already spinning with the sheer amount of information that I have taken in over the last 4 weeks. After that, it was off to Civil Procedure class. Civil Procedure was pretty painless, and I was out to the library by 3 PM.
The only thing I had on my agenda was my legal writing assignment, and I quickly learned that I shouldn’t procrastinate when it comes to dealing with my writing assignment. What I perceived as a 3 hour assignment quickly mushroomed into an epic work session that was not over until 11 PM. That’s right. 11 PM! I made it home by 11:35 and was in bed by midnight. I woke up at 6:30 to put some final touches on my assignments, and I was out the door and downtown by 9:45. Legal Analysis was relatively painless, but I started to feel the end-of-the-week exhaustion slowly creeping in around mid-afternoon. Following Civil Procedure, I went to the library and worked on Torts and Contracts until 6:30. I was home by 7 and watching the NFL (yes!) by 8 pm.
This weekend I will have a longer entry…..really….I will….

No comments: