Thursday, February 14, 2008

A few of my blogging friends

With the addition of Legal Lucy to my list of fun blogs to read, I thought that I might use this opportunity to acquaint you all with some interesting blogs that might help you procrastinate-er-pass the time in between the long stretches where I have not blogged.

First of all, we have the queen of the blogosphere, Daisy from Legally Blonde Ambition. Daisy is a dear friend of mine who I met in law school. She has a great sense of humor and deals with every day issues with a sigh and a determination to make things better for herself and for those around her. She has a big heart, and her devotion to her friends is second to none. She is my movie going buddy during the summer, she works for a Big Professional Law Firm in Chicago, and she will be graduating law school with me this year. She and her friend Scarlett started their blog many moons ago, and while Scarlett has had to move away from blogging, Daisy has doggedly kept the blog going. She has devotees from New York to LA, and her entries are wonderful takes on the human condition and the little things in life that should, or should not, matter. I highly recommend her blog with your morning coffee.

Next, we have the Namby Pamby, Attorney-at-Law. The Namby Pamby is living the dream. He graduated from law school, passed the bar with flying colors, and is an attorney here in the city. I became acquainted with his blog site through Daisy's and had the opportunity to meet the man in person soon after. He is one of those guys who everyone wants at their get togethers. Great stories, great sense of humor, and insightful beyond his years. His blog entries are short observations on the absurdity of the human condition, and most of the time he is the one who is suffering from the absurdity. His blog is best enjoyed during the morning coffee break/in between classes, as it provides a much needed mid-morning pick-me-up.

Following the Namby Pamby, I must mention the Wayward Esquire. Like the Namby Pamby, the WE graduated law school, passed the bar with flying colors, and is living the dream as an attorney in Chicago. The WE is a devoted sports fan, an avid sailor (who has some amazing stories of his adventures), and a dude who always wants to learn and always wants to teach. I kind of think he would make a pretty darned good law professor some day. I met the WE during a dinner party last summer, and though I hardly see him, we have great conversations when I do. He is a pretty cool dude. His blog features stories that he has gathered from around the world wide web, thereby giving his blog a "ripples in the pond" effect. When you want some interesting insight on what is going on in our world, visit the Wayward Esquire.

My next goto blog is run by my friend and sometime dining companion Anonymous Hottie (Daisy coined the nickname, and who am I to change it?). Her thoughts can be found on Murphy's Law. Murphy is the name of AH's amazing black lab who has a fondness for Fat Tire. AH is the champion of the downtrodden, the one who looks out for those rights that we all take for granted. She a fellow law student and a non-radical feminist (meaning a feminist who does not frighten people but educates them). She has a bohemian outlook towards life, and she has a great "let me see where the day takes me" attitude about live. Usually, those days take her to her sofas in the evening, where she can be found watching reality TV while noshing on champagne and brie. Like Daisy, AH is a very attractive blonde who is not snooty about it. She can hang with the guys and the girls. While many of her blog entries are light and airy, a few of them deal with more serious issues. My recommendation is to make AH an evening read so that you can take in the serious nature of some of her blogs. When she features her "Song of the Day," it should be read in the morning right after Legally Blonde Ambition.

Through AH, I because acquainted with her friend Eddie. I do not know why, but I feel a certain sense of camaraderie with Eddie. I think it is because he and his wife live in Baltimore, my stomping grounds of most of the 1990s. When Eddie is regaling us with stories about the city streets, I can visualize those same streets. When AH visits Eddie, I am always loading her down with lists of restaurants where she and Eddie MUST dine. Eddie's blog entries, like mine, are more substantial than most, and they cover a whole litany of subjects. His blog, I feel, is best enjoyed in the evening as well or early in the morning to start the day (if for no other reason than to have the time needed to really take in the entry). He is a relative newcomer to the blogosphere, but I have already put him on my daily "must-read" list.

This brings me to the final member of my circle of blog friends, Legal Lucy. As with Daisy and AH, LL is (shockingly) an attractive blonde law student. I first met Lucy the fall of my first year of law school, but we did not become friends until the spring. I met Linus at that time too, and I must say that they make a wonderful couple. They balance each other out quite well, have many of the same interests, and have a wonderful outlook on life. Lucy is a great person who is just as comfortable hanging out with the guys watching the NBA (she is a Pistons NUT) as she is hanging out with the girls having cocktails. She is also quite intelligent, and if that Fortune 50 company she works for is smart, they will give her a permanent position soon. I am glad that she is blogging, as we have not hung out together as much as we used to. Her first blog entry was a winner, and I hope that she continues to blog.

Happy Reading!

4 comments:

The Enabler said...

Thank you much for the kind words. Writing for the Wayward Esquire site has become something of a different monster, but I always get a chance to learn and think while I research that which I am about to write.

Interestingly, I must admit that the idea of teaching has entered my mind. I am not certain that I would make a spectacular law professor, just as I am not sure I make some great lawyer. But I have always said I will return to school at some point to work on a masters and possibly doctorate in one of my undergraduate majors. I could certainly see eventually teaching history or political science at the collegiate level. Only time will tell, I suppose.

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

You are a wonderful friend. Queen of the blogsphere indeed. Happy Valentines Day- I look foward to meeting up for Christmas cocktails & summer picnics long after we've become old & grey.

K said...

I am so flattered! Thanks so much for mentioning me. Ooh, and we have a dinner to go to soon, so let's start planning.

Murphy says thanks, too. Well, I assume that's why he is drooling on my shoulder.

And I won't say Happy V-Day because I don't celebrate stupid days - so instead I will say Happy Almost Weekend, we should have martinis soon.

eddie said...

Adding to the 'flattered' comments of others, thanks for the shout-out. One of these days I'll actually find my way out to Chicago and finally meet you!