Friday, February 01, 2008

Random thoughts from a snowy walk to work in the Windy City

One feels a small sense of victory when one runs into freshly shoveled/blown sidewalks the morning after a 12" snowfall. At the same time, one curses those lazy people who did not get up at 6 AM to make your morning walk to the el a bit more manageable. For shame, people!...

Curses to the cab drivers in the city who continue to speed down side streets-regardless of the fact that such speeding sprays sludge on innocent pedestrians standing YARDS AWAY.

Tile sidewalks are slippery when wet.

Damn Starbucks! They are phasing out their awesome breakfast sandwiches.

In the future, when there is a major snowstorm and I have to sit in on a deposition in the morning, I will be sure to call the managing attorney to make sure that the dep is, in fact, actually happening. That would prevent me from lugging a garment bag through snowclogged streets and onto the El, irritating several El passengers because of my bulky bag, and changing in my office (just to keep the suit nice). Thanks, Rich!

I would much rather be home playing Stranglehold on the PS3.

1 comment:

K said...

WHAT??? What do you MEAN phasing out?? I am obsessed with the spinach feta wrap, obsessed I tell you.

I might cry.