Friday, February 15, 2008

This must be meme week...

Hello all..wow, 2 posts in as many days. I must really have a lot of time on my hands, huh? Actually, I have been "tagged" by Daisy to participate in the meme. What is a meme? From what I can gather, it is like a chain letter for bloggers. The rules are:


The blogger must post about the meme and link back to the person who tagged them. The blogger must then peruse his or her archives and link to 5 favorite posts pertaining to 5 delineated topics.

Link One: must be about family
Link Two: must be about friends
Link Three: must be about yourself
Link Four: must be about something you love
Link Five: can be anything you choose.


Hmm..most of the best stories about my family deal with the misadventures my older brother and I had while growing up (2 brothers + small town = boredom). I think the best illustration of our adventures and the reactions of Mom and Dad can be found here.

As for my friends, I tend not to blog about their adventures too much. First of all, many of my friends are bloggers themselves, so the internet audience already gets a taste of our collective adventures. Secondly, many of my friends who do not blog happen to read the blog, so I rarely write for fear of violating "friend privacy." At the same time, I try to recognize my friends for their many acts of kindness on my behalf. First and foremost are my friends in Cleveland.

Something about me...well, I tend to be a bit of a bore, but I sometimes try to be insightful. I am not very good at self analysis. When I do try self analysis, what results is something that may overlap with the other categories herein. For example, this post...

Something that I love..well, that covers a lot of territory. I write about movies quite a bit on my blog, so this entry and the next will probably cover the same territory. For example, my Superman Returns review received quite a bit of attention but no comments (strange). It was my first attempt at combining my interests in comics and film, and what resulted was a piece that I edited several times before publishing. It remains my 2nd-most favorite entry. Even if you did not care for the movie or comics, you might like it.

My favorite post? Well, that would HAVE to be the post that received the most comments from those who are not within my circle of friends. This post combined my memories of family times, the development of my love for movies, and a movie review all in one. It is also an entry that I still re-read from time to time. You can find my favorite entry here.

Sadly, this part of Daisy's chain (heh heh) must end here, for all of my blogger friends have been tagged for this particular meme by others. I was thinking of tagging Lucy, but she has just started blogging. Consider this a plug for her site then!

Happy reading, all!